HAVE A QUESTION?
Need to talk to someone about your future planning? Please feel free to contact us today.Contact Us
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Prison Fellowship
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of Prison Fellowship
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us. Please ask them to include your name and address on the check so we can acknowledge you.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to Prison Fellowship to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Please note that many IRA plan administrators do not include the donor's name or address on the check. We ask that you please notify our Planned Giving team at 1-877-736-4483 when you have requested an IRA charitable rollover to Prison Fellowship so we can properly attribute your gift and provide you with the documentation you will need for your tax return.